Rahul Gandhi Talks About Sexual Harassment

Delhi Police issued a notice to Rahul Gandhi asking him to share details about the victims of sexual harassment whom he mentioned in his speech

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was on a Bharat Jodo Yatra from 7th September 2022 to 30th January 2023. When he reached the last stage of the yatra in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, he made a statement. He said,  “Women are still being sexually assaulted. In one particular case I asked a girl who had been raped, I asked her whether we should call the police, she said that don't call the police, if you do so, I will be shamed." 

After about 45 days of ending the Yatra, on 15th March 2023, a team of Delhi Police team waited for three hours to give notice to Rahul Gandhi on his statement made in Srinagar regarding an alleged sexual assault with women. Even after waiting for three hours, Rahul Gandhi did not meet the police team. Senior officers of the Delhi Police again visited his residence on 16th March to give notice to him which was personally received by him after one-and-a-half hours. The Delhi Police notice asked for complete information about the victims so that appropriate action can be taken and these victims so that they can be given security. Delhi Police Special Officer Sagar Preet Hooda said, "Rahul Gandhi said he needs some time and he will give us the information. Rahul Gandhi said it was a long yatra and he met many people and he needs time to compile it. He has assured us that he will give the information soon and we will begin our proceedings as soon as we receive the information. 

BJP National General Secretary Dushyant Kumar Gautam said that having information about the victims of sexual harassment for so long, and not informing police about the same was a big sin. Rahul Gandhi should have come forth to send these criminals behind bars. Congress MP Jairam Ramesh said that everything is being done to divert attention from the business and other issues. He said, “It has been 45 days since Bharat Jodo Yatra ended. If they are so concerned, why didn't they go to him in February?” 

However, in 5 days, the police contacted Rahul Gandhi three times for details. Gandhi then gave a 10-point reply to the police.