How To Get Rid Of Motion Sickness?
Motion sickness is feeling sick when travelling by car, boat, plane or train. You can do things to prevent it or relieve the symptoms. Watch our video for all the details.
Motion sickness is feeling sick when travelling by car, boat, plane or train.
Causes of motion sickness
Motion sickness is caused by repeated movements when travelling, like going over bumps in a car or moving up and down in a boat. Motion sickness happens when the movement you see is different from what your inner ear senses.
Here are the Dos and Don’t to ease motion sickness -
1. Reduce motion by sit in the front of a car or in the middle of a boat
2. Look straight ahead at a fixed point, such as the horizon
3. Breathe fresh air if possible for example, by opening a car window
4. Close your eyes and breathe slowly while focusing on your breathing
5. Distract children by talking, listening to music or singing songs
6. Break up long journeys to get some fresh air, drink water or take a walk
7. Try eating ginger in the form of tablet, biscuit or tea
1. Do not read, watch films or use electronic devices
2. Do not look at moving objects, such as passing cars or rolling waves
3. Do not eat heavy meals, spicy foods or drink alcohol shortly before or during travel
4. Do not go on fairground rides (ferriswheel / merry go round) if they make you feel unwell.
There are a lot of remedies to prevent motion sickness, including tablets, patches etc. But, before consuming anything, it is advised that you consult your doctor.