Woman Infected with Swine Flu Dies
Since the monsoon started, the first case of a death due to the H1N1 virus has been recorded. People have been advised to remain alert and careful.
A 26-year-old woman from Govandi has died due to complications from H1N1 (Swine Flu). The woman was diabetic after she was admitted to the hospital she developed other lung issues and dies a few days later in hospital. This is the first person to die in the Monsoon season in Mumbai due to Swine Flu, it has claimed 4 lives in Mumbai and 191 in Maharashtra this year. The Swine Flu cases have started in the city and state since February when 39 cases were confirmed and have slowly been rising since then.
Doctors have said to not drink water that is not treated. Drinking only bottled, boiled or filtered water is also a must. You can boil water for 15 mins to kill any germs or bacteria and add two drops of chlorine per 20L of water. Also to stay away from bodies of standing water. If you have rainwater collection items to clean them out at least once a week.Doctors in the city and state have been treating many cases of fever and respiratory infections, such as dengue fever and malaria but those numbers are normal for now. We urge everyone to be alert and safe.