We are very happy that interpreters across India have volunteered to help the Deaf individuals communicate with doctors, hospitals and other authorities during the COVID-19 crisis. Watch our video for
There are more than 500 cases of Coronavirus in India. The government has announced a lockdown in various states and strict rules are being implemented. Many Deaf individuals infected with the Coronavirus are facing many communication barriers. We are very happy that the interpreters across India have volunteered to help the Deaf individuals communicate with doctors, hospitals and other authorities. This is completely free of cost!
Even NAD had released this news a few days back.Now the situation in India is becoming very serious.This is why we can decide to share the information again so that more Deaf people become aware and make use of this service.
There are certain instructions to follow for contacting the volunteering interpreters so that the process is smooth and easy:
1. Free Voluntary Interpreting Services only related to COVID19 Virus cases will be provided only during COVID19 Virus time period.
2. Here is the list of the interpreters that have volunteered to help. You can download it from the description box below.https://bit.ly/covideaf
3. Contact these volunteer interpreters through video-call if/when you go to the hospital/doctor for anything related to Covid19 virus.
4. Only Deaf individuals can call the interpreter for providing accessibility.
5.Plan your call and inform the Interpreter before the visit to the doctor. Give time for the interpreter to be ready for the video-call.
6.. Please use video call during this time period - 9:00am to 6:00pm. Please only contact for important work and not for timepass.
7. Calls between 10pm-8am only for Emergency. No video calls.
8. Remember - interpreters are not “medical-experts”. They are only providing interpreting services.
9. Please watch NAD/UN videos on YouTube for clarifications of the COVID19 virus -
10. Last - thank you to these wonderful interpreters for offering their volunteering services.
Please follow these rules so that it is easy for the interpreters to help you and solve any problem.
We all can fight the Coronavirus if we remain united and follow the rules announced by the government.