Deaf Youth Gets Electrocuted In Bijapur Chhattisgarh
A Deaf youth jumped from an electric tower in Bijapur, Chhattisgarh but while jumping he got electrocuted in the high tension line and his body was stuck to the line for almost 20 hours.
A young deaf boy jumped from an electric tower and killed himself. The incident happened in Bijapur, Chhattisgarh. According to sources, while jumping, the youth got stuck to the high tension line and got electrocuted. There after his body was stuck to the line, for almost 20 hours. It is being said that the youth was mentally not stable. The youth’s name was Devanand and he belonged to Kanker village. He along with his family had come to Naimed. On 6th December he left the house saying that he was going for a stroll. Soon he was found stuck to a 132 KV electric pole.
Investigations are going on how Devanand reached the pole and how the incident happened. As soon as the police got the information, they reached the venue. After a lot of hard work, the police were able to bring down the body on 7th December. Police said that in order to get the body down, they had to get the 132 KV line shut down. It was not possible to immediately shut down a high voltage line. It took officers about 20 hours to shut the line. After getting the body down, the police checked for identification. Once the police identified, police informed the youth’s family. During investigation with the family, the family informed the police that Devananad was mentally not well. Currently the police investigation is still going on.