WhatsApp issued a clarification stating that the change in its recently revised policy "does not affect privacy of messages with friends or family".
There were even many reports that private messages between friends and families are getting leaked on google.
Because of this speculation, WhatsApp issued a clarification stating that the change in its recently revised policy "does not affect privacy of messages with friends or family". Instead, this update includes changes related to messaging a business on WhatsApp".
WhatsApp shared a list of information that they will "NOT share with Facebook". They said:
* WhatsApp cannot see your private messages or hear your calls and neither can Facebook.
* WhatsApp does not keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling.
* WhatsApp cannot see your shared location and neither can Facebook.
* WhatsApp does not share your contacts with Facebook.
* WhatsApp groups remain private.
* You can set your messages to disappear.
* You can download your data.
Many people are even concerned about group chat messages getting leaked. WhatsApp said, “We don't share whatsapp group data with Facebook for ads. WhatsApp stressed that the messages can be seen only by the sender and receiver and are fully private.